I see so many “Life hack” “tips and tricks” accounts these days. Here are a few personal tips from my few years on planet Earth.
- Never cheapen out on toothbrushes. Don’t believe that all toothbrushes are the same.
- Listen to music as you get ready for your day.
- Buy white items. They force you to be neat.
- Never leave your room for the day with the bed unmade.
- When tidying your room, make your bed first.
- Own (and wear) a wrist watch.
- Own a black jacket or blazer. It goes with almost everything.
- Don’t change perfumes, soaps or lotions so often. You’re not a patient on some clinical trial.
- Be friends with your vegetable vendor and stick to them.
10.Own a notepad.
11.Hand write application letters.
12.Donate clothes you haven’t worn in over 6 months.
13.Don’t go over 5 days without talking to your mother.
14.Keep in touch with your relations.
15.Be humble but don’t let people walk all over you.
16.Never go shopping on an empty stomach.
17.Trim your toenails right after you have showered. They are softer and make it easier to trim.
18.Nap on a Sunday afternoon.
19.Take loads of pictures.
20.Listen to worship music when you are feeling down.
21.Understand that not everyone who comes to you with a problem wants your solution. Some people just want someone to listen.
22.When you ask for advice, remember that at the end of the day, it is your life, not theirs.
23.Start your day with a prayer.
24.Attend church services like your life depends on it. Because it does.
26.Wash your bath towel at least once a fortnight.
27.Have wet wipes around you. They come in handy.
28.When you’re playing a game with a kid, let them win.
29.Never be ashamed of laughing out loud.
30.Cry when you have to. Cry yourself to sleep. Cry till your head hurts. Feel the pain. But don’t spend too much time in a slump.
31.Never study something you’re not passionate about simply because ‘it will get you a decent job.’
32.Never do an assignment the day before the due date. Or on the due date.
33.Sing in the shower.
34.Have a clock in your room. The sound is soothing.